Lerman Senter provides expertise in intellectual property and proprietary rights, including copyright, trademark, and licensing. We offer analysis and advice on matters large and small, from routine applications to worldwide trademark strategies and litigation. We represent clients in federal courts and before national and international administrative agencies and organizations such as the U.S. Copyright Office, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
Lerman Senter attorneys provide a full spectrum of intellectual property-related services, including:
- Negotiating the purchase and licensing of content for print publication, broadcast, webcasts, and streaming.
- Handling satellite and cable compulsory license matters, including rights of foreign authors.
- Assisting with clearance, registration, and maintenance of federal, state, and international trademarks.
- Providing trademark and domain name registration and enforcement, including through litigation and arbitration.
- Registering and enforcing copyrights in a variety of media-related sources.
- Advising on legal and business issues involving the Internet and e-commerce, including streamed broadcast programming.
- Counseling on linking practices and copyright issues related to licensing audio and video content, including broadcast signals.
- Advising on emerging standards, legislation, and enforcement regarding online advertising practices.
- Defended and negotiated favorable settlement in copyright infringement dispute relating to use of third party photographs on clients’ websites.
- Provided representation in WIPO administrative proceedings to recover pirated domain name.
- Defended against trademark infringement claims and negotiated favorable settlements.
- Advised on copyright and licensing issues relating to streaming of foreign content into the United States.
We welcome you to contact us for more information about our intellectual property practice.