What Sets Us Apart
For more than a quarter century, Lerman Senter PLLC has effectively and efficiently served the diverse legal needs of communications and media clients before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and other federal and state regulatory agencies, as well as the United States Congress and the courts. The firm's size, in combination with its breadth of practice and experience in both regulatory and commercial affairs, allows us to provide top-quality, responsive, personalized and cost-effective service to all of our clients.
The firm strives to maintain an appropriate balance between its size and client needs. We take a comprehensive, full-service approach to providing legal and advisory services to our clients - large and small - with particular emphasis on quality, productivity, and responsiveness. Lerman Senter takes great pride in having created a collegial, effective law practice environment, which provides a diversity of services with the personalized attention our clients require and deserve.
The firm has taken unique, innovative approaches to the varied, complex issues that clients have faced in the increasingly dynamic telecommunications industry. We have assisted clients in several different fields to introduce new telecommunications services, or telecommunications-related products and technology, through the development and/or original interpretation of regulations and statutes, as well as through aggressive business strategies.
Over the years our attorneys have:
- Negotiated directly, or assisted other counsel with respect to, hundreds of major broadcast transactions, including some of the largest acquisitions and sales in the history of the industry;
- Through lobbying efforts and proof-of-concept service applications, assisted a client in establishing the first FCC regulations allowing and governing the use of satellite Earth Stations on Vessels (ESVs) operating at sea in the C-band and Ku-band frequencies;
- Resurrected a client's ability to register a critical trademark in key markets around the world through a novel regulatory approach and successful negotiation of a global trademark settlement agreement;
- Significantly influenced and helped create FCC policies with respect to new global satellite systems providing fixed, as well as mobile voice and data services, in all world regions;
- Developed and implemented training programs for broadcasting companies to promote employee awareness and compliance with regulations and broadcast standards concerning obscenity, indecency and profanity; payola, plugola and sponsorship identification; and diversity;
- Negotiated e-commerce agreements on behalf of clients, including online software distribution and reseller agreements;
- Obtained licensing - after extensive domestic and international regulatory efforts and Congressional lobbying - of the world's first privately-owned operational international satellite system;
- Developed FCC auction, regulatory, and business strategy for a client to introduce a new nationwide wireless services network;
- Through extended domestic and international negotiations, created the first U.S. "transborder" satellite operation, now well-established in U.S. telecommunications policy; and
- Successfully represented clients in administrative proceedings under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy ("UDRP").
- Secured the vacatur in federal court of rules adopted by the FCC that sharply limited the ability of small businesses to compete successfully against large wireless incumbents in spectrum auctions.
Please explore our website to learn more about our varied practice areas, our staff of talented attorneys and our diverse group of clients.